In today’s society, we have access to a world of music, sound, innovation and inspiration at our fingertips; such a wealth of music has never been so accessible. We are privileged to be able to both study how music has developed historically and to become musicians, performers and composers in our own right.
Music provides students with the opportunity to
- Develop instrumental and vocal skills
- Learn to compose melodies, harmonies and develop musical ideas
- Understand the conventions of music theory and notation
- Explore musical innovation and develop experimental composition ideas
- Listen and respond to a range of musical styles and genres
- Participate in wide range of enrichment activities