Just turn on the news and there is geography in action. Be it a natural disaster, political upheaval, mass migration, GM crops or fracking; geography impacts all of use, all the time!
Geography provides students with the opportunity to:
- explore the socio-economic factors that shape day to day lives
- understand the causes, impacts and differing responses to a wide variety of natural and manmade hazards
- investigating and gain a greater understanding of contemporary issues
- appreciate and gain a greater understanding of how global events have local impacts on themselves and those around them
- develop a range of interchangeable skills, and deploy them in new context.