We believe that proper school uniform is important because it:
- instils pride in the students and the wider community
- encourages identity with, and support for, our school ethos
- protects children from social pressures to dress in a particular way
- nurtures cohesion and promotes good relations between different groups of pupils
- supports effective teaching and learning.
Uniform is compulsory for all students in Years 7 – 11. Sixth form students may wear their own clothes which must be 'smart casual' and suitable for a working environment. Uniform should be worn in the correct manner and coats must be removed upon entry to the school building.
How to order
Uniform items are available to purchase online here.
You may prefer to purchase or order uniform items in person at one of our sizing and distribution events where staff from Trutex will be available along with portable changing facilities on the following dates;
Thursday 25 April 2019
Samples will be available to try on.
Any orders placed on the evening or until 2 June 2019 will be delivered free to the school on the 20 June 2019, if this is requested.
Thursday 20 June 2019 (priority Year 6 pupils)
Samples will be available to try on and stock will be available to purchase on the evening.
Emblematic will carry with them a significant amount of stock on this evening, however, in the event of there not being enough stock available, any orders placed will be delivered home free of charge.
Cash and card are accepted at both events.
Shirts, trousers and skirts can be purchased from external suppliers as long as they adhere to the school uniform policy below.
Teesdale School Uniform
Blazers, jumpers and shirts
- Grey blazer with embroidered school badge (only available from Emblematic)
- Grey v-neck jumper or cardigan with embroidered school badge (only available from Emblematic - this is not compulsory)
- Plain white school shirt buttoned to the neck with school tie
Trousers and skirts
- Plain black formal straight cut trousers – available from Emblematic.
- Pleated skirt - only available from Emblematic.
While we understand some parents may wish to purchase trousers from other sources, we would like to emphasise that trousers must not be made of jean-style materials. They must be school approved and must not be tight fitting. They must not have any adornments or fashion zips.
Plain black, formal, leather or leather style shoes which can be polished. No trainers, plimsolls, pumps or boots. Socks must be black, grey or white.
Compulsory PE kit
- Sector polo - only available from Emblematic.
- Sector panel shorts and/or skort and/or cuffed tracksuit pants and/or leggings - only available from Emblematic.
- Knee high navy sports socks - available from Emblematic or any supplier
- Other optional items are available - see uniform visuals below.
Trainers must be worn in PE lessons. Plimsolls, Converse, or canvas type shoes are not suitable. Students are advised to wear football boots for football and rugby. Optional items are available and can be viewed on the website.
Outside coats must be removed before entering classrooms. No caps or hats in the building.
Teesdale School grey blazer
- Blazers must be worn at all times unless given permission by a member of staff.
- No outdoor clothing to be worn within the school building.
Plain, all-white shirt with standard collar (to be worn with Teesdale School tie)
- May be short or long length sleeves.
- Must be tucked in.
- Top button must be fastened.
- PE shirts to be worn ONLY for PE.
- Available from Emblematic.
Plain, black school trousers
- A plain black, discreet belt with a small buckle may be worn on trousers with belt loops.
- No canvas, linen, denim or similar fabric.
- No combats, jeans, hipsters, low-rise, combats, cropped or fashion trousers.
- No additional accessories.
- Trousers must not be tight fitting.
Socks, tights and shoes
- Plain black, formal, leather or leather style shoes which can be polished.
- Socks must be black, grey or white.
- Plain tights only may be worn.
- No platforms, stilettos, kitten heels or other fashion shoes.
- No boots of any description – in bad weather students must change out of boots or wellingtons immediately upon arrival at school.
- No trainers of any description.
- No canvas shoes or trainer-type fabric.
- No coloured laces, coloured stitching or accessories.
Make-up and nail polish
- Make-up should not be visible from Years 7-11.
- No false, gel or acrylic nails and no garish colour varnish.
- No coloured nail polish.
- For health and safety reasons nails need to be of a sensible length for work.
No false eyelashes.
- Details in the uniform leaflet below.
Teesdale School reserves the right to decide that the cut and colour of a students hairstyle is inappropriate e.g. tramlines, mohicans, extreme short sides with longer on top.
Hair should be a natural colour (one colour only).
- Hairbands or tie backs must be plain and discreet.
- No extreme hair accessories (e.g. large flowers, coloured hairbands).
- No garish hair-dye colours (e.g. red, green, multiple colours).
- No all over (number 2 minimum) head shaving.
|Transition to the new school uniform
In July 2018, we will have completed the transitional year for the new uniform. Therefore with effect from September 2018 all students in Years 7 – 11 will be required to wear the new grey school uniform.